Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If you won 10'000'000 dollars, what would you do?  (Read 2344 times)
Captn' Red
AnCo² Admin
Epic Member

Air guitar bitches!

AnCo fame: 121

Sweden Sweden

« on: March 13, 2010, 04:20:15 PM »

So, if you suddenly win on the lottery or whatever, or get massively rich really quickly some other way.
What would you do? What would be the main aspects in your life you'd change? :F

What I'd do is make sure NO-ONE knows about it, and not use anything for a while.
Wait until maybe next Christmas and then give away a bunch of shit to all my family,
and make them swear not to tell anyone they got it from me. lol

Seriously, I don't want people knowing I'm rich. >_>
People change when money is involved.

Oh, and I'll take all my best buddies on some crazy party vacation of course. xD

Tragic
AnCo² Admin
Epic Member

気持ちいい

AnCo fame: 59

United States United States

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 02:08:57 AM »

Hmm...

It's hard to say since the feeling and thinking would be completely different when you actually had the money, but I'd like to say I'd try to invest a lot of it. Make more money out of what I won. I'd probably blow some on random stuff too, but you'd have to do something like that for some satisfaction when you first won.

Invest in some real estate rather than stocks or anything like that. I don't find stocks too reliable and I don't like watching them either. :\

The possibilities are endless with a huge lump sum like that.

kryss
GATTAI!!!!1111!!!!
Staff Board Mod

俺を誰だと思ってやがる!

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 04:42:29 AM »

Buy my mum a house and pay off my sister's mortgage.

Maybe get a flat in Vancouver and an apartment in somewhere outside of Tokyo, maybe Toride.

I am to video games what cheese is to...
kaznokrad
AnCo² Staff
Full Time Member

Wonichan MOE!!!

AnCo fame: 9

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 12:26:09 PM »

The first thing I'd do is pay off my car and college loans. After that I'd probably take a trip to all the places I want to see (Kiribati, Vietnam, Belgium [for the awesome beer], Finland, any place in Russia east of the Urals, and Arctic Canada). Then I'd retire to the town of Shiga and spend my days gaming... Or doing nothing. Whatever strikes my fancy.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 02:37:19 AM by kaznokrad, Reason: I done mixed up mah cardinal direcshuns » Logged

AnCo² Supporter
Full Time Member

- .... . .--. .- .--. . .-. -- .- -.

AnCo fame: 2

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 05:26:39 PM »

step i, convert it into £'s, seeming as the $ is owning the £ i would change it as quickly as possible.
then pay off my uni funds.

want your own version of yokos rifle? (well, a mini one?)

Here are the plans:  Yoko Rifle Plans

Here are the instructions:  Yoko Rifle Instructions
Silent K
Staff Board Mod

I'm a Steam Roller

AnCo fame: 25

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 09:48:25 PM »

@0235
Don't you have that backwards? I thought the £ has been owning the $ for a long time. Last time I knew, it was about $2 to 1£. But then again, I don't watch the news often (>_<).

I'd use it to pay off college loans, then give a bunch to my parents, and use the rest to: Go to grad school, play in some awesome ultimate frisbee tournaments, travel to Scandanavia
Captn' Red
AnCo² Admin
Epic Member

Air guitar bitches!

AnCo fame: 121

Sweden Sweden

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 02:16:52 AM »

lol he probably does.
Well, I'd invest in gold instead, then I wont get and shitty surprises. >_>

And well, I'd of course donate quite a bit to my loved AnCo. xP

Orion
The not so Old Guy
AnCo² Admin

I am not amused by your shenanigans!

AnCo fame: 54

Antarctica Antarctica

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 05:25:48 PM »

10 mil, isn't a lot of money... (as If I've ever held that kind of cash in my hand.) I'd pay off my debt and buy a house in China to live in my retirement I guess. I'm sure there would be other things I'd buy, but I'd be a bit careful as to what I invest into.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 03:34:33 PM by Orion » Logged

Flyvåpnet
AnCo² Supporter

MORITURI TE SALUTANT

AnCo fame: 16

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 07:27:59 PM »

I'd have the money converted to cash (very large bills) and then hide it under my mattress.  No one would ever think to look there!  Or, I'd put it in a big can and bury it outside in the courtyard.  Nobody would think to search there, either.

Grin

Perhaps I'd distribute the money in an eleemosynary manner, by attaching small bundles of cash to little parachutes and releasing them via light aircraft over low-income neighborhoods.  This would, unfortunately, cause some violence; so I guess I won't do that after all.

Sad

I know!  I'll spend it!  I'll travel the world, visit my in-real-life and on-line friends, give them each a generous amount of money, assess living conditions in various locations, then move to someplace civilized - which means, for me, a place bereft of bothersome power-elites and their malicious mendacity.  Perhaps a nice little island, like the one given Björk by the government of Iceland - which she refused to accept - or a modest (on the outside) house somewhere in Death Valley National Park.

Shocked

Then again, I could stay here in Portland.  That's not as boring as it sounds!  Probably, though, what I'd do is move to Tahiti in the Society Islands of French Polynesia.

Tahitian girls

Hey, nice scenery is nice!  Now, when can I expect delivery of that money?

Huh

=^..^=
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 06:51:35 AM by Flyvåpnet » Logged

kryss
GATTAI!!!!1111!!!!
Staff Board Mod

俺を誰だと思ってやがる!

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 11:00:45 PM »

@Silent_K: 2 dollars to 1 pound would mean the dollar was being SERIOUSLY owned. It's ~1.6 to the pound according to XE.com, which is about average.

I am to video games what cheese is to...
AnCo² Supporter
Full Time Member

- .... . .--. .- .--. . .-. -- .- -.

AnCo fame: 2

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 06:15:49 PM »

well, it used to be $2 to the £1, but recently it has been more like $1.5 to £1, so even though the £ is more than the $, the $ is doing much better than it had been doing a few years ago.

want your own version of yokos rifle? (well, a mini one?)

Here are the plans:  Yoko Rifle Plans

Here are the instructions:  Yoko Rifle Instructions
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: